Pages

Thursday 10 January 2013

Coming Up In 2013 #2: Oliver Fibbs: Attack of the Alien Brain by Steve Hartley

Steve Hartley's Danny Baker Record Breaker books are hugely popular with the 7+ age group, with their irresistible combination of comic style illustrations and laugh-out-loud stories. News of a new series from Steve is therefore something to celebrate, and the first book in his new Oliver Fibbs series is released this month (in fact, you should already be able to buy a copy). We couldn't get Steve to take part in the 'Coming Up in 2013' feature, so we had to make do with Oliver Fibbs instead:


Hi! I’m Oliver Tibbs, Defender of Planet Earth. Only I can save the human race from the evil alien brains that are taking over the world’s top scientists. Only I have the power, the daring, the bravery. . .

“Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!”

OK, OK, maybe that’s not exactly true. Maybe all I actually do is read comics, eat extreme pizzas, and wait around while my brilliant family do super and special things. My life’s so boring, I have to ‘get creative’ at Show and Tell. That’s why some kids call me “Oliver Fibbs”.

But as I keep telling everyone: they’re not fibs, they’re stories!

It’s a nightmare!

How can I save the world when I’ve been grounded?

How can my best friend Peaches and I win a trip to the zoo when we’re both absolutely clueless?

And just how many Big Fat Fibs can I actually tell?




Book 2, Oliver Fibbs and the Giant Boy-Munching Bugs will be published on 6th June 2013. So fasten your seatbelts, hold on tight, and get ready for the Biggest Fattest Fibs you’ve ever heard!




1 comment: