Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Book Zone Meets Will Hill (again)

Last month I was very fortunate to be invited to a special event that HarperCollins were organising for fans of Department 19, to tell them more about the sequel, The Rising. I have held off writing anything about this as there was a camera crew at the event, and I knew that a video would be posted online at some point. That video is now available for all to see.


It was great to see so many young Department 19 fans at the event, some of whom had some really searching questions for Will, who was being extra careful not to give away any spoilers for The Rising. Everyone who attended the event was given a goodie bag containing a breand spanking new hardcover edition of The Rising and I did see some kids start to read it there and then. If I hadn't already read it then I would have probably joined them. My huge thanks go to the lovely people at HarperCollins for inviting me along, and for Will Hill, Nick Lake and the tram for being so welcoming, and for taking the time to have a drink with me and a handful of other bloggers after the crowds had departed. Zero hour is coming..... are you ready?

2 comments:

  1. I was gutted that I couldn't make it down to this event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I just read your post. I'm also a big Department 19 fan. 'The Rising' sounds interesting. I will read this book soon. I am anxiously waiting when the Zero hour is coming!

    ReplyDelete