Pages

Wednesday 21 December 2011

News: Book Cover - Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding

This one has been around for a while as I showed it to my good friends Liz and Mark from My Favourite Books when I saw them a couple of weeks ago. It is the cover for the new edition of Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding, which is being re-released as part of Orion's YA imprint, Indigo. Whilst I really liked the cover of the original Gollancz edition, with its image of a lone person watching a fantastic airship, the new cover screams "Buy me!". Perhaps it is because I am a huge Indiana Jones fan, and there is slight hint of that. However, when reading the Ketty Jay books I am always left with a western-in-another-world feel, and this new cover portrays that brilliantly. Darian Frey is fast becoming an iconic character and it seems fitting that he gets the limelight for this new target market. Sadly no airship in sight, but with at least two more books in the series to (hopefully) be reissued by Indigo then perhaps we will see the Ketty Jay on a future cover. I may just go out and buy this for the cover alone!


1 comment: