Pages

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Coming Up In 2011 #4 : The Demon Collector by Jon Mayhew

How excited was I on Friday when I arrived home from work to find an early copy of Jon Mayhew's The Demon Collector waiting for me? His debut book Mortlock was one of my favourites of 2010 and I have been waiting (un)patiently ever since for the release this one. It is not a sequel to Mortlock, but is instead another standalone horror novel set in the Victorian era. If it is even only half as good as Mortlock it will still be brilliant in my opinion. It isn't scheduled to be released until 7th March so expect my review sometime mid-February, although I have a feeling it may have already made the jump straight to the top of my TBR pile.



Anyway, Jon very kindly said he would wrote a few words about The Demon Collector for The Book Zone:

Edgy Taylor’s life is a misery. He collects dog muck off the streets of Victorian London for a brutal tanner called Talon. At the end of a hard day all Edgy gets from his master are a few crusts of bread and a sound beating. But edgy also fears for his sanity. He can see demons when nobody else can. He sees them in the street, in public houses and even at work.

Rescued from death at the hands of Talon by the mysterious Professor Envry Janus, Edgy is thrown into the bizarre world of the Royal Society of Daemonologie. At first Edgy thinks he’s landed on his feet. But soon Edgy is fighting for his life and watching his back. It seems the Society has a rotten secret at its core and Edgy finds he must unravel the riddle of the arch-demon Moloch or die. And if he fails then all of creation will pay.




No comments:

Post a Comment